Our e-shop is fully operational during these difficult days.
- All DHL orders (i.e. at least 1 LP or 3CD) are being dispatched same day and delivered as usually (next day to EU, 2-4 days to the rest of the world)
- Post Office orders (1-2 CDs) are also shipped immediately, but seem to be a bit slower these days
- Post Office orders to Brazil and Russian Federation are finally back to normal !!!!
elemental child / live in 1970 (CD)
- sku: LCCD5057
- Format: CD
- Label: London Calling
- Genre: Rock / Pop
- CD packed into a 4 panel digipack, UV gloss with an 8 page booklet
- Incredible performances, live from Köln, April 1970
- Includes the entire WDR-FM radio broadcast
- Digitally remastered for greatly enhanced sound quality
Tyrannosaurus Rex, live from the Progressive Rock Festival, Sporthalle, Köln, Germany on 4th April 1970
Marc Bolan replaced Steve Took with Mickey Finn in late October 1969 and the revised duo recorded A Beard Of Stars which was released in March 1970. A few days later, they travelled to Germany to play at Cologne's Progressive Pop Festival. Appearing late in the afternoon of the second day, they performed a mixture of psychedelic folk, pop and rock, clearly pointing the way towards their huge success later in the year.
Their complete set, broadcast on WDR-FM, is presented here together with background notes and images.
- Elemental Child
- Organ Blues
- Summertime Blues
- Hot Rod Mama
- Pavilions Of Sun
- One Inch Rock
- By The Light Of A Magical Moon